TANG Tao received his B.S. degree in biotechnology from the Liaoning University, Liaoning, China, in 2000, and the M.S. in molecular biology from the Nankai University, Tianjin, China, in 2004. In 2008, he got his Ph.D. degrees in cancer research from Department of Obstetrics &Gynecology, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China.
From 2009 to 2011, he joined Department of Orthopedics& Traumatology of the Chinese University of Hong Kong as a research assistant and then a Post Doctorial Fellow to start his research in the area of osteoporosis and RNAi therapy. From 2013, he worked as a research assistant professor in Department of Obstetrics &Gynecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He holds the memberships of The Hong Kong Society of Medical Genetics (HKSMG) and International Chinese Hard Tissue Society. And, he is the editor of several journals.
1) Cancer research.
2) RNAi based cancer therapy strategy.
1. Deng Y, Wang CC, Choy KW, Du Q, Chen J, Wang Q, Chung TK, Tang T*. Therapeutic potentials of gene silencing by RNA interference: Principles, challenges, and new strategies. Gene 2014; 538: 217-227. * Corresponding Author
2. Guo B, Zhang B, Zheng L, Tang T, Liu J, Wu H, Yang Z, Peng S, He X, Zhang H, Yue KK, He F, Zhang L, Qin L, Bian Z, Tan W, Liang Z, Lu A, Zhang G. Therapeutic RNA interference targeting CKIP-1 with a cross-species sequence to stimulate bone formation. Bone. 2014 Feb;59:76-88. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2013.11.007. Epub 2013 Nov 15.
3. Shihui Chen, Poying Lau, Ming Lei, Jiang Peng, Tao Tang, Xiaohong Wang, Ling Qin, Shekhar-Madhukar Kumta. Segmental composite porous scaffolds with either osteogenesis or anti-bone resorption properties tested in a rabbit ulna defect model. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. 2013 Nov 6. DOI: 10.1002/term.1828.
4. Yan L, Raphael AP, Zhu X, Wang B, Chen W, Tang T, Deng Y, Sant HJ, Zhu G, Choy KW, Gale BK, Prow TW, Chen X. Nanocomposite-Strengthened Dissolving Microneedles for Improved Transdermal Delivery to Human Skin. Adv Healthc Mater. 2013 Oct 30. doi: 10.1002/adhm.201300312.
5. Tang T, Wong HK, Gu W, Yu MY, To KF, Wang CC, Wong YF, Cheung TH, Chung TK, Choy KW. MicroRNA-182 plays an onco-miRNA role in cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol l2013;129: 199-208
6. Wang X, Guo B, Li Q, Peng J, Yang Z, Wang A, Li D, Hou Z, Lv K, Kan G, Cao H, Wu H, Song J, Pan X, Sun Q, Ling S, Li Y, Zhu M, Zhang P, Peng S, Xie X, Tang T, Hong A, Bian Z, Bai Y, Lu A, Li Y, He F, Zhang G, Li Y. miR-214 targets ATF4 to inhibit bone formation. Nat Med. 2012 Dec 9. doi: 10.1038/nm.3026.
7. Zhang G#, Guo B#, Wu H#, Tang T#, Zhang BT#, Zheng L, He Y, Yang Z, Pan X, Chow H, To K, Li Y, Li D, Wang X, Wang Y, Lee K, Hou Z, Dong N, Li G, Leung K, Hung L, He F, Zhang L, Qin L . A delivery system targeting bone formation surfaces to facilitate RNAi-based anabolic therapy. Nat Med. 2012 Jan 29;18(2):307-14. doi: 10.1038/nm.2617.. # Co-first authors
8. He YX, Liu Z, Pan XH, Tang T, Guo BS, Zheng LZ, Xie XH, Wang XL, Lee KM, Li G, Cao YP, Wei L, Chen Y, Yang ZJ, Hung LK, Qin L, Zhang G. Deletion of estrogen receptor beta accelerates early stage of bone healing in a mouse osteotomy model. Osteoporos Int. 2012 Jan;23(1):377-89. Epub 2011 Oct 27.
9. Tang T, Zhang G, Carol Lau PY, Zheng L, Xie X, Wang X, Wang X, He K, Patrick Y, Qin L, Kumta SM. Effect of water soluble P-chitosan and S-chitosan on human primary osteoblasts and giant cell tumor of bone stromal cells. Biomed Mater. 2011 Feb;6(1):015004. Epub 2011 Jan 5.
10. Chan SY, Choy KW, Tsao SW, Tao Q, Tang T, Chung GT, Lo KW. Authentication of nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumor lines. Int J Cancer. 2008 May 1;122(9):2169-71.