Xiangbing Meng, is a Research Assistant Professor, in the Dept. Obstetrics & Gynecology in University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine since 2009.In 1993 he received his M.S in Biochemistry from Beijing Normal University. In 1998 he completed Ph.D. in the field of Molecular Biology& Biochemistry.
In addition he will work in close collaboration with the co-PI Dr. Kimberly Leslie to accomplish the proposed translational studies using animal models of endometrial cancer and tumor specimens from patients with endometrial cancer.
1) Mechanistic molecular studies of proliferation and cell death defects in cancers partnered with translational studies.
2) To identify targeted therapies to induce cell death or to modulate the cellular responses to DNA damage to increase cancer treatment efficacy
1.Meng X, Wei Q. Calmodulin Binding Proteins in Ischemia and Control Mice Brains. Chinese Science Bulletin 1993;38(15):2083-2087.
2. Meng X, Wei Q. Endogenous Substrates of Calcineurin (CaN) in Mice Brains. Chinese Science Bulletin 1994;39(12):1750-1754.
3. Meng X, Wei Q. Proteins Phosphorylation and Dephosphorylation in IschemiaandNormal Mice Brains. Chinese Journal of Biochemistry 1994;10(6):717-721. 4. Meng X, Ye C. Multiple Roles of p21 in Cellular Proliferation Regulation. Progress of Biochemistry and Biophysics 1996;23(3):224-228.
5. Meng X, Sun Z. Effects of Wortmannin and 3-AB on G2 Delay and MPF Transient Failure to Dephosphorylation Induced by Radiation. Chinese Science Bulletin 1998;43(18):1550-1555.
6. Meng X, Dong Y, Sun Z. ATM Plays a Role in DNA Damage Signal Transduction by Catalyzing Proteins Phosphorylation. Chinese Science Bulletin 1999;44(19):1790-1794.
7. Meng X, Dong Y, Sun Z. Gadd45 transcription activated by p53 take roles in DNA damage surveillance in diverse ways. Science in China (Series C) 1999;42(4):428-434.
8. Meng X, Gong B, Mao J, Dong Y, Sun Z. LD-PCR Amplification Full Length cDNA of ATM. Bulletin of the Academy of Military Medical Sciences 1999;23(2):160.
9. Meng X, Sun Z. Molecular Mechanism of Enhancement of Cellular Radiosensitivity by Wortmannin. Chinese Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 1999;15(4):613-619.
10. Meng X, Dong Y, Sun Z. p21, Gadd45 Transcription Activated by p53 Take Roles in DNA Damage Surveillance in Diverse Ways. Science in China (Series C) 1999;42(4):428-434.
11. Meng X, Sun Z. Roles of p21 and Gadd45 in Human Cellular Spindle Checkpoint Regulation. Bulletin of the Academy of Military Medical Sciences 1999;23(2):160-163.
12. Liu J, Meng X, Shen Z. Association of Human RAD52 Protein with Transcription Factors. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 2002 October;297(5):1191-6. PMID:12372413.
13. Meng X, Liu J, Shen Z. Genomic Structure of the Human BCCIP Gene and Its Expression in Cancer. Gene 2003 January;302(2-Jan):139-46. PMID:12527204.
14. Meng X, Yuan Y, Maestas A, Shen Z. Recovery from DNA Damage-Induced G2 Arrest Requires Actin-Binding Protein Filamin-Actin-Binding Protein 280. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2004 February;279(7):6098-6105. PMID:14660646.
15. Meng X, Liu J, Shen Z. Inhibition of G1 to S Cell Cycle Progression by BCCIPβ. Cell Cycle 2004 March;3(3):343-8. PMID:14726710.
16. Meng X, Lu H, Shen Z. BCCIP Functions Through p53 to Regulate the Expression of p21Waf1/Cip1. Cell Cycle 2004 November;3(11):1457-62. PMID:15539944.
17. Lu H, Guo X, Meng X, Liu J, Allen C, Wray J, Nickoloff JA, Shen Z. The BRCA2-Interacting Protein BCCIP Functions in RAD51 and BRCA2 Focus Formation and Homologous Recombinational Repair. Molecular and Cellular Biology 2005 March;25(5):1949-57. PMC:PMC549367.
18. Lu H, Yue J, Meng X, Nickoloff J, Shen Z. BCCIP Regulates Homologous Recombination by Distinct Domains and Suppresses Spontaneous DNA Damage. Nucleic Acid Research 2007;35(21):7160-70.
19. Meng X, Yue J, Liu Z, Shen Z. Abrogation of the Transactivation Activity of p53 by BCCIP Down-Regulation. Journal Biological Chemistry 2007 January;282(3):1570-6. PMC:PMC2679999.
20. Meng X, Fan J, Shen Z. Roles of BCCIP in Chromosome Stability and Cytokinesis. Oncogene 2007 September;26(43):6253-60. PMC:PMC2667889.
21. Russell T, Oliver JM, Wilson BS, Tarleton CA, Winter SS, Meng X. Differential Expression of Ikaros Isoforms in Monozygotic Twins with MLL-rearranged Precursor-B Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 2008 December;30(12):941-4. PMID:19131787.
22. Meng X, Martinez MA, Raymond-Stintz MA, Winter SS, Wilson BS. IKK Inhibitor Bay 11-7082 Induces Necroptotic Cell Death in Precursor-B Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemic Blasts. Br J Haematol 2009 February;148(3):487-90.
23. Fan J, Wray J, Meng X, Shen Z. BCCIP is Required for the Nuclear Localization of the p21 Protein. Cell Cycle 2009 September 15;8(18):3019-24.
24. Yang S, Xiao X, Meng X, Leslie KK. A Mechanism for Synergy with Combined mTOR and PI3 Kinase Inhibitors. PloS One 2011;6(10):e26343. PMC:PMC3198385
25. Meng X, Brachova P, Yang S, Xiong Z, Zhang Y, Thiel KW, Leslie KK. Knockdown of Metadherin Sensitizes Cell Death Receptor Ligand TRAIL and HDAC Inhibitor LBH589 Co-Treatment. PLoS One 2011;6(6):e20920.