Message: Undefined variable: journal
Line Number: 94
09/ 2002- 03/ 2009: Damascus Medical School, Damascus University, Syria M.D. awarded April, 27, 2009
06/ 2009- 06/ 2010: Internship, Internal Medicine Residency, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
06/ 2010- 06/ 2013: Internal Medicine Residency, Case Western Reserve University -Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
9/ 2013-08/2014 : Hepatology and Liver transplant Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
He is a transplant hepatologist and his research interests are in the field of hepatology in general and fatty liver disease and hepatocellular carcinoma in particular
1) Alsabbagh ME, Alsuleiman B, Alkhouri N. The Impact of Hyponatremia on the Outcomes of Wait-Listed and Transplanted Patients with Liver Cirrhosis. Oral presentation, Liver Plenary Session, American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting. October 17-22, 2014 (abstract 35). Philadelphia, PA.
2) Alsabbagh ME, Romero-Marrero C. SBRT for Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Portal Vein Invasion from Palliation to Cure. American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting. October 17-22, 2014 (abstract P924). Philadelphia, PA.
3) Issa D, Lopez R, Feldstein A, Alsabbagh ME, Alkhouri N. Serum Ceruloplasmin, Ferritin, and their Ratio are Significantly Associated with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis in Patients with NAFLD. Oral presentation, Liver Plenary session at the ACG Annual Scientific Meeting. October 17-22, 2014 (abstract 29). Philadelphia, PA.
4) Ebrahim VS, Patel K, Albeldawi M, Lopez R, Rizk MK, Alsabbagh ME, Alkhouri N. Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts (TIPS) in Elderly Patients: to TIPS or not to TIPS? American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting. October 17-22, 2014 (abstract 1031). Philadelphia, PA.
5) Ebrahim VS, Patel K, Albeldawi M, Lopez R, Rizk MK, Alsabbagh ME, Alkhouri N. Hospital Readmission After Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts (TIPS). American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting. October 17-22, 2014 (abstract 1032). Philadelphia, PA.
6) Shaker M, Alkhouri N, Alsabbagh ME, Zein N. TIPS for obscure GI bleeding in patients with cirrhosis. Digestive Disease Week Annual Scientific Meeting. May 2013. Chicago, IL
7) Yaseen Alsabbagh ME, Davitkov P, Falck-Ytter Y. Systematic review on Cochrane Collaboration: Protease inhibitors in combination with peglyated-interferon and ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010587.
8) Alsabbagh, Eisa, Alraies. Chronic hepatitis C therapy, a rare complication revisited. BMJ Case Reports 2013. PMID: 23893287
9) Alsabbagh ME, De Fabio, Alkhouri N. The safety and efficacy of Mediterranean diet and protein sparing modified diet on obesity and metabolic syndrome in liver transplant recipients. A randomized clinical trial (recruiting patients). Clinicaltrials.gov ***
10) Alsabbagh ME, Davitkov P, Falck-Ytter Y. Protease inhibitors in combination with peglyated-interferon and ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C. A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Association for the Study of Liver Disease, AASLD Annual Scientific Meeting. November 2012. (Abstract 1078). Boston, MA
11) Alsabbagh, Eisa. Type 1 diabetes mellitus as a rare complication of chronic hepatitis C treatment. American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting. October 2013. (Abstract ***) San Diego, CA
12) Falck-Ytter, Alsabbagh et al. Comparative effectiveness and tolerability of boceprevir vs. telaprevir and re-assessment of treatment duration in patients with chronic hepatitis C (an ongoing RCT).
13) Alsabbagh, Cummings et al. Population-Based evaluation of the prognostic value of the 4th, 6th, and 7th editions of the American Joint Committee on Cancer staging manual for esophageal cancers: A SEER analysis. IRB approved, collecting data
14) Ibrahim, Alsabbagh et al. Beta-Interferon for chronic hepatitis B (protocol for systematic review on Cochrane library. June 2010. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003622.
15) Cross sectional study designated in Damascus University and took place in Damascus primary schools about violence against children and the effects on the child\'s behavior and health.
16) Damascus University press “Colonic surgical diseases” letter prepared to earn the MD degree in Damascus University. Feb 2009
17) Damascus University, “Hematology lecture notes” publication date: April 2006.
Case Western Reserve University Research award, resident category 2013, 1st position
Medical student teaching award, Case Western Reserve University 2011
Top 10% of 2009 Damascus University graduation class
1) Invited expert: Early Use of TIPS in Patients with Cirrhosis and Variceal Bleeding, Internal Medicine Residency Journal Club. December 2014
2) Invited Lecturer: Chronic Hepatitis and Chronic Liver Disease. Gastroenterology Core Curriculum for second year Medical Students, Temple University School of Medicine. February 12, 2015