Tsafrir Loebl, MD, is the chief of the partial hospitalization unit at Kfar Shaul psychiatric hospital in Jerusalem, Israel and affiliated with Hadassah Medical School of the Hebrew University. He is the coordinator of the dual diagnosis inpatient project in his hospital. He was formerly a research fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital’s center for addiction medicine. He was also the psychiatrist in charge for Hadassah adult eating disorder inpatient unit. His past research experience include pharmacotherapy of cocaine dependence and nicotine dependence. His main clinical interest is substance use disorder among patients with major psychiatric disorders. Dr. Loebl works as a psychiatrist since 2000.
2) Group psychotherapy
3) Inpatient treatment
4) substance use disorder comorbid with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder
1) Katz G., Loebl T., Tetelbaum A, Raskin S. Cannabis Withdrawal – A new diagnostic category in DSM 5. Israel J Psychiary, Vol. 51, Issue 4, 2014
2) Pachas GN, Gilman J, Orr SP, Hoeppner B, Carlini SV, Loebl T, Nino J, Pitman RK, Evins AE. Single dose propranolol does not affect physiologic or emotional reactivity to smoking cues. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2014 Nov 22
3) Loebl T., Raskin S. A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2013 Fall;25(4):E14
4) Evins, A.E., Pachas, G., Mischoulon, D., Urbanoski, K., Carlini, S., Sousa, J., Bentley, K., Rigotti, N.A., Nino-Gomez, J., Loebl, T., Janes, A.C., Kaufman, M.J., Fava, M. A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of the NMDA Glycine Site Antagonist, GW468816, for Prevention of Relapse to Smoking in Females. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2011 Oct;31(5):597-602.
5) Loebl T., Smoking and Mental Disorders: Focus on neuroprotection, In: Brain Protection in Schizophrenia, Mood and Cognitive Disorders, Ritsner MS Ed. Springer-Verlag. (New York) 2010
6) Loebl T, Angarita GA, Pachas GN, Huang KL, Lee SH, Nino J, Logvinenko T, Culhane MA, Evins AE. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of long-acting risperidone in cocaine-dependent men. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008 Mar;69(3):480-6.
7) Katz G, Knobler HY, Laibel Z, Strauss Z, Durst R. Time zone change and major psychiatric morbidity: the results of a 6-year study in Jerusalem. Compr Psychiatry 2002; Jan-Feb 43(1):37-40.
8) Valevsky A., Loebl T, Keren T. Response of catatonia to Risperidone: two case reports. Clin. Neuropharmacol. 2001; July-August 24(4): 228-31.
Awards and Honors:
2005 INVEST International Fellowship Award, National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH