Dr. C. Cameron Yin has received her MD from Beijing Medical University and her PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is currently an associate professor in the Department of Hematopathology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and UT Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. She is board certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Hematology and Molecular Genetic Pathology. In addition to clinical responsibilities on the Leukemia, Lymphoma and Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory services, Dr. Yin has been actively participating in multiple research projects in leukemia and lymphoma, which has led to over 100 research papers and over 20 book chapters. She serves as members of editorial boards for over 20 journals and ad hoc reviewers for over 30 journals. Her major research interests include molecular genetic aberrations in leukemia and lymphoma, development of molecular methodologies for the diagnosis, prognosis and minimal residual disease monitoring of hematopoietic neoplasms, mechanisms of resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia, as well as the role of immunoglobulin gene rearrangement in acute myeloid leukemia.
Molecular genetic aberrations in leukemia and lymphoma Development of molecular methodologies for the diagnosis, prognosis and minimal residual disease monitoring of hematopoietic neoplasms Mechanisms of imatinib resistance in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia Immunoglobulin gene rearrangement in acute myeloid leukemia
1. Zhang BX, Tang Y, Zheng J, Yin C, Wang J, You J, Fang W, Wu B, Wang X, Gao R. Researches on the anti-autologous tumor effects of human cancer-killing cells in nude mice. Chinese J Cancer Res 4(4):30-2, 1992.
2. Zhang BX, Tang Y, Yin C, Zheng J, Wu B. Experimental expansion and antitumor effect of LAK cells from cancer patient\'s peripheral blood. Chinese J Cancer 14(4):253-6, 1992.
3. Zhang BX, Yin C, Tao J, Wu B. Observation on the phenotypic changes of tumorinfiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) during cultivation in vitro. Chinese J Pathol 21(5):281-3, 1992.
4. Zhang BX, Yin C, Tang Y, Wu B. The antitumor effect of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) being proliferated in vitro. Chinese J Pathol 21(2):79-81, 1992.
5. Yin C, Zhang B, Zheng J, Wu B. Combined antitumor effect of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and tumor necrosis factor alpha. Chinese J Pathol 24(3):162-4, 1995.
6. Yin C, Zhang B, Zheng J, Wu B. Comparison of the antitumor effect of tumorinfiltrating lymphocytes and tumor-involved lymph node lymphocytes. J Beijing Med Univ 27 (supple):23-5, 1995.
7. Hinds PW 2nd, Yin C, Salvato MS, Pauza CD. Pertussis toxin induces lymphocytosis in rhesus macaques. J Med Primatol 25(6):375-81, 1996.
8. Pauza CD, Hinds PW 2nd, Yin C, McKechnie TS, Hinds SB, Salvato MS. The lymphocytosis-promoting agent pertussis toxin affects virus burden and lymphocyte distribution in the SIV-infected rhesus macaque. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 13(1):87-95, 1997.
9. Yin C, Djavani M, Schenkel AR, Schmidt DS, Pauza CD, Salvato MS. Dissemination of lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus from the gastric mucosa requires G proteincoupled signaling. J Virol 72(11):8613-19, 1998.
10. Yin C, Wu MS, Pauza CD, Salvato MS. High major histocompatibility complexunrestricted lysis of simian immunodeficiency virus envelope-expressing cells predisposes macaques to rapid AIDS progression. J Virol 73(5):3692-701, 1999
1. Yin CC, Jones D. Molecular Diagnostics in Myeloid Leukemias. In: Cheng L, Zhang D. Essentials of Molecular Genetic Pathology. Humana Press Inc., 675-688, 2007.
2. Yin CC, Jones D. Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. In: Jones D. Neoplastic Hematopathology: Experimental and Clinical Approaches. Humana Press Inc., 177-192, 2010.
3. Yin CC. Chronic Granulomatous Lymphadenitis. In: Medeiros LJ. Diagnostic Pathology: Lymph node and spleen with extranodal lymphomas. Amirsys Publlishing Inc., 2;2-9, 2011. 11 C. Cameron Yin, M.D., Ph.D.
4. Yin CC. Kimura Disease. In: Medeiros LJ. Diagnostic Pathology: Lymph node and spleen with extranodal lymphomas. Amirsys Publishing Inc., 3;30-37, 2011.
5. Yin CC. Lymphocyte-Depleted Hodgkin Lymphoma. In: Medeiros LJ. Diagnostic Pathology: Lymph node and spleen with extranodal lymphomas. Amirsys Publishing Inc., 4;38-39, 2011.