(April, 2012 till date) in Department of Zoology, University College of Science, Technology and Agriculture. In addition to academic responsibilities of teaching, am member of departmental committee, the highest decision making body of the department for charting the syllabus, examiner, paper-setter, moderator and external expert in various under-graduate and post-graduate colleges for promotion of academic staff; organizer of various academic exercises such as national level seminars, conferences, orientation programs etc
1) Das,R., Tarafdar, B., Das, P., Kar, S., Mitra,S., Hore, G., Biswas,S., and Ray Banerjee, E. (2015) Anti-inflammatory and regenerative potential of probiotics to combat Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). OMICS Journal of Biotechnology and Biomaterials. (Accepted June 10, 2015)
2) Das, R., Paul, P., Mukherjee, K., Mitra, S., Singh, U.P., and Ray Banerjee, E. Anti-Oxiflammatory profile of date extracts (phoenix sylvestris). (2015) Biomedical Research and Therapy. 2(6): 297-317. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15419/bmrat.v2i5.79 (ISSN: 2198-4093)
3) Ray Banerjee, E. Dissecting asthma pathogenesis through study of patterns of cellular traffic indicative of molecular switches operative in inflammation. (2015) Progress in Stem Cell (ISSN 2199-4633). 2(1):1-42 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15419/psc.v2i1.73
4) Kar,S., Konsam, S., Hore, G., Mitra, S., Biswas, S., Sinha, A.B., Jana, N.R., and Ray Banerjee, E. Therapeutic use of fisetin, curcumin, and mesoporous carbaon nanoparticle loaded fisetin in bleomycin-induced idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. (2015) Biomedical Research and Therapy, 2(4):250-262. (ISSN: 2198-4093)
5) Mitra, S., Paul, P., Mukherjee, K., Biswas, S., Jain, M., Sinha,A.B., Jana N.R. and Ray Banerjee, E. Mesoporous nano-carbon particle loaded fisetin has a positive therapeutic effect in a murine preclinical model of ovalbumin induced acute allergic asthma. Journal of Nanomedicine & Biotherapeutic Discovery. (2015) 5:2. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2155-983X.1000132
6) Kar, S., Konsam, S., and Ray Banerjee, E. Heterogeneity in Human Embryonic Stem Cells May Prevent Endodermal Guided Differentiation. Stem Cell Research and Therapy, 2014, 5:1, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7633.1000255
7) Kar, S. , Hore, G., Sanyal, N. and Ray Banerjee, E. Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lines BJNhem 19 and 20 Fail to Differentiate Into Lung Lineage Specific Cells despite Induction through Guided Endodermal Differentiation. Journal of Tissue Science and Engineering, 2014, 5:3, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7552.1000144
8) Mukherjee, K., Paul, P., and Ray Banerjee, E. Free radical scavenging activities of date palm (Pheonix sylvestris) fruit extracts. (2014) Natural Products Chemistry & Research. 2:151. Doi:10.4172/2329-6836.1000151
9) Mukherjee, K., Paul, P., and Ray Banerjee, E. Evaluation of date palm (Phoenix sylvestris) fruit extracts as functional food. (2014) International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology. 3(11): 1-8. ISSN : 2277-1581
10) Ray Banerjee, Ena . Looking for the elusive lung stem cell niche- A perspective. (2014) Translational Respiratory Medicine, 2:7-31
11) Ray Banerjee, Ena . Role of T cells in a gp91phox knockout murine model of acute allergic asthma. (2013) Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology, 9(1):6-12.
12) Ray Banerjee, Ena and Henderson W.R. Jr. Characterization of lung stem cell niches in a mouse model of bleomycin-induced fibrosis. (2012).Stem Cell research and Therapy. 3(3):21-42.
13) Ray Banerjee, Ena, LaFlamme M.A., Papayannopoulou, T., Kahn, M., Murry, C.E. and Henderson, W.R. Jr. Human Embryonic Stem Cells Differentiated to Lung Lineage-Specific Cells Ameliorate Pulmonary Fibrosis in a Xenograft Transplant Mouse Model (2012). PLoS One. 7(3),e33165:1-15.
14) Ray Banerjee, Ena and Henderson W.R. Jr. Defining the molecular role of gp91phox in the manifestation of acute allergic asthma using a preclinical murine model. (2012) Clinical and Molecular Allergy. 10(1):2-16.
15) Ray Banerjee, Ena. Triple selectin knockout (ELP-/-) mice fail to develop OVA-induced acute asthma phenotype. (2011) Journal of Inflammation 8:19 doi:10.1186/1476-9255-8-19.
16) Ray Banerjee, Ena and Henderson, W.R. Jr. NADPH oxidase has a regulatory role in acute allergic asthma. (2011) Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology (ISSN 0976-7614) 2(3): 103-120.
17) Ray Banerjee, Ena, Jiang, Y., Henderson WR, Jr., Latchman, Y.L. and Papayannopoulou, T. Absence of α4 but not β2 integrins restrains the development of chronic allergic asthma using mouse genetic models. (2009) Exp Hematol 2009;37:715–727.
18) Ray Banerjee, Ena, Latchman, Y.L., Jiang, Y., Priestley G.V., and Papayannopoulou, T. Distinct changes in adult lymphopoiesis in Rag2-/- mice fully reconstituted by ï¡4-deficinet adult bone marrow cells. (2008) Exp Hematol,36(8):1004-13.
19) Ulyanova, T., Ray Banerjee, Ena, Priestley, G.V., Scott, L.M., and Papayannopoulou, T. Unique and redundant roles of alpha4 and beta2 integrins in kinetics of recruitment of lymphoid vs myeloid cell subsets to the inflamed peritoneum revealed by studies of genetically deficient mice. (2007) Exp hematol. 35(8): 1256-65.
20) Ray Banerjee, Ena. Jiang, Y., Henderson, W. R. Jr., Scott, L. M., and Papayannopoulou, T. Alpha4 and beta2 integrins have non-overlapping roles in asthma development, but for optimal allergen sensitization only alpha4 is critical. (2007) Exp. Hematol., 35(4): 605-17.
21) William R. Henderson, Ena Ray Banerjee, and Emil Y. Chi. Differential Effects of (S)- and (R)- Enantiomers of Albuterol in Mouse Asthma Model. (2005) Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 116: 332-40.
22) Ena Ray Banerjee. (2005) Ligand-independent endocytosis down regulates PMA induced increase in interleukin-8 receptor expression on human polymorphonuclear neutrophils. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, 59(3):117-125.
23) Ena Ray Banerjee. (2005) Interleukin – 8: The omnipresent cytokine. (review) Proceedings of Indian National Science Academy, 76(1&2): 109-98.
24) Ena Ray Banerjee. (2002) Biological warfare – myth or reality. Science & culture, 68(5-6):121-127.
25) Ena Ray Banerjee. (2001) The role of polymorphonuclear neutrophils and chemokines in inflammation. Science and culture, 67(5-6):145-148.