I am Dr Gizaw Dabessa. I have DVM degree in veterinary Medicine and MSc in Medical Pharmacology. I have more than six years of teaching and research experiences in the area of veterinary Medicine and human Medicine. I have so far advised more than 15 undergraduate student theses. I have published articles in the broad areas of biomedical sciences in international journals like Journal of Stem Cell and Therapy.
1) Stem cell and Gene therapy for degenerative diseases of the CNS
2) Endocrine and Cardiovascular system.
1. Gizaw Dabessa Satessa, Jima Likisa Lenjisa, Esayes Taddese and Minyahil Alebachew Woldu (2015). Stem Cell Therapy for Myocardial Infarction: Challenges and Prospects. J Stem Cell Res Ther 5: 270. DOI: 10.4172/2157-7633.1000270
2. Minyahil Alebachew Woldu, Jimma Likisa Lenjisa, Gobezie Temesgen Tegegne and Gizaw Dabessa Satessa. Emerging Therapeutic Approaches to Combat the Pandemicity of the Deadly Ebola Virus. American Journal of Phytomedicine and Clinical Therapeutics 2014; 2(11), Pp1287-1298
3. Satessa GD, Lema FA. Prevalence of External Injuries in Working Equines in Mehal Saint Woreda of South Wollo Zone, Ethiopia. J. Vet. Adv. 2014; 4(8)
4. Woldu MA, Lenjisa JL, Satessa GD (2014) Recent Advancements in Diabetes Pharmacotherapy. Biochem Pharmacol 3: 143. doi:10.4172/2167-0501.1000143
5. Minyahil A. Woldu , Jimma Likisa Lenjissa & Gizaw Dabessa Satessa. Design and Evaluation of Nanoparticulate Drug Delivery Systems for Imaging and Treatment of Malignant Brain Tumor. Global Journal of Science Frontier Research (G) 2014; 14 (4) version 1.
6. Jimma Likisa Lenjisa, Minyahil Alebachew Woldu and Gizaw Dabessa Satessa. New hope for eradication of HIV from the body: the role of polymeric nanomedicines in HIV/AIDS pharmacotherapy. Journal of Nanobiotechnology 2014; 12:9.7. Jimma L. Lenjisa, Gizaw D. Satessa, Minyahil A. Woldu. The bright future of Alzheimer’s disease pharmacotherapy. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2014; 3:10-7.
8. Belayneh Kefale Gelaw, Yitayih Kefale Gelaw, Gizaw Dabessa Satessa and Esayas Tadesse G/Mariam. Assessment of Adherence of Patients with Anti-Hypertensive Medication and Factors for Non-Adherence in Amhara Region Dessie Referral Hospital, Ethiopia. Int J Chem Natur Sci. 2014, 2(1): 51-57
9. Firaol Tamiru, Waktole Terfa, Ejigu Kebede, Gizaw Dabessa, Rajeeb Kumar Roy and Mekonnen Sorsa. (2013). Ethnoknowledge of plants used in veterinary practices in Dabo Hana District, West Ethiopia. JMPR, Vol. 7(40), pp. 2960-2971
10. Ayele T., Ephrem D., Elias K., Tamiru B., Gizaw D., Mebrahtu G., Mebrat E. (2012). Prevalence of Bovine Trypanosomosis and its Vector Density in Daramallo District, South Western Ethiopia. J Vet Adv, 2(6): 266-272
11. Gizaw D. Satessa , Ameni G. Chimdi (2009). Study on bovine tuberculosis in and around Holeta Town, Central Highland of Ethiopia. In: Proceedings of the 18th annual staff and students research conference of the University of Gondar. Special Issue, Vol.9 Pp 21
12. Carlos Armando, A.D. Ketema T. Tulu, Gizaw D. Satessa.(2009). The importance of animal behavior and welfare as a course in veterinary curriculum. In: Proceedings of the 18th annual staff and students