James Chim is a hemato-oncologist interested in clinical studies in lymphoma and myeloma. He has published >225 articles in peer-reviewed journals, spanning from clinical studies to basic research. His team focuses on translational research regarding the impact of DNA methylation of tumor suppressor genes/microRNA in blood cancers. Currently, James Chim is the SH Ho Professor of Haematology & Oncology in the Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong. He is also a Member of the International Myeloma Working Group, Executive member of the Asian Myeloma Network, Chair of Education Access Program, ASIA-PACIFIC HEMATOLOGY CONSORTIUM (APHCON) & Founding Chairman of the Hong Kong Society of Myeloma. At present, he is also on the Associate Editor, Senior Editor or editorial board member of multiple journals including Clinical Epigenetics, American Journal of Translational Research, Journal of Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Journal of Translational Medicine, PLOS ONE, etc.
1) clinical studies in lymphoma and myeloma.
3) Impact of DNA methylation of tumor suppressor genes/microRNA in blood cancers.
1. YL Kwong, WS Kim, ST Lim, SJ Kim, T Tang, E Tse, AYH Leung, CS Chim. SMILE for natural killer (NK)/T-cell lymphoma: analysis of safety and efficacy from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group. Blood 2012 Oct 11;120(15):2973-80. (IF: 9.775)
2. KY Wong, Rita LH Yim, CC So, DY Jin, Raymond Liang, CS Chim. Epigenetic inactivation of the MIR34B/C in multiple myeloma. Blood 2011; 118: 5901-5904. (IF: 9.775)
3. Kwan-Yeung Wong, Raymond Liang, Chi-Chiu So, Yanting Qi, Dong-Yan Jin, Joseph F. Costello, Chor-Sang Chim. Epigenetic silencing of miR-203 in multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol, Sep; 154(5): 569-78. (IF: 4.959)
4. CS Chim, KY Wong, Y Qi, Loong F, WL Lam, LG Wong, Jin DY, Costello JF, Liang R. Epigenetic inactivation of the miR-34a in hematological malignancies. Carcinogenesis, 2010, 31(4):745-50. (IF: 5.266)
5. Chim CS, et al. Epigenetic Dysregulation of Wnt Signaling Pathway in Multiple Myeloma. Leukemia; 21(12): 2527-36, 2007. (IF: 9.379)
6. Chim CS, Wong SY, Pang A, Chu P, Lau JS, Wong KF, Kwong YL. Aberrant promoter methylation of the retinoic acid receptor alpha gene in acute promyelocytic leukemia. Leukemia. 2005 Dec;19(12):2241-6. (IF: 9.379)
7. Chim CS, et al. Nasal NK-cell lymphoma: Long-term treatment outcome and validity of the IPI Index. Blood 2004, 103: 216-221. (IF: 9.775)
8. Chim CS, et al.SOCS1 and SHP1 Hypermethylation in Multiple Myeloma: Implications for Epigenetic Activation of the Jak/STAT pathway. Blood 2004; 103: 4630-4635. (IF: 9.775)
9. Chim CS, et al. Long-term outcome of 231 patients with Essential Thrombocythemia: Prognostic factors for bleeding, thrombosis, myelofibrosis and leukaemia. Archives Internal Medicine, 2005, 165: 2651-2658. (IF: 13.246)
10. Chim CS, et al. p15 and p16 promotor methylation in acute promyelocytic leukaemia. J Clin Oncol, 19: 2033-2040, 2001. (IF: 17.979)