Salvatore Chirumbolo, Biochemist and Senior Researcher is currently Head of the Laboratory of Physiopathology of Obesity, Dept of Medicine, University Laboratory of Medical Research-University of Verona, Italy. Authors of more than 80 papers on indexed on Pubmed/Medline, he graduated at the University of Bologna with highest honours in 1990, earned a Master in Molecular Genetics at the Université Paris VII in 1991 and a Medical post-degree PhD in Clinical Biochemistry in 1995. He held a chief rule in two clinical laboratories related with Italian NIH, from 1995 to 2000 and frome 2000 to 2006 and developed a method to optimize clinical diagnosis of chronic allergy. He is author of many books and books chapters on inflammation and naturederived phytochemicals, is Editor of Nutrition, eCAM J, British J Pharmac Res, invited member of the American Chemical Society, British Pharmacological Society awards in Congress presentation (Chicago 2009, Rome 2008, 2009).
7)Allergology, allergy diagnosis
9)Plant and clinical biochemistry.
1. Chirumbolo S. Role of vitamin D3 in atopic dermatitis and immunity: Some comments. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2015 May;36(3):234-5. doi: 10.2500/aap.2015.34.3843.
2. Chirumbolo S. AMP-activated protein kinase activators, cancer regression, and survival. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2015 Apr 28, in press
3.Chirumbolo S, Vitamin D3 in cancer prevention and therapy: the nutritional issue Hormone Mol BiolClin Invest, 2015 in press
4.Chirumbolo S Vitamin D and epicardial adipose tissue J Atheroscl Thromb, 2015 in press
5.Chirumbolo S Alpha bisabolol, not a matter for cancer therapy. Commentary: “Research on the immunosuppressive activity of ingredients contained in sunscreens Front Pharmacol, 2015 in press
6.Chirumbolo S, Rossi AP, Rizzatti V, Zoico E, Franceschetti G, Girelli D, Zamboni M Iron primes3T3-L1 adipocytes to a TLR4-mediated inflammatory response Nutrition, 2015 in press
7.Chirumbolo S Plant derived flavonoide in ocular angiopathy Eur J Ophtalmology 2015, in press
8. Chirumbolo S Basophil activation test (BAT): wheat and chaff Test aktywacji bazofilów (BAT): pszenicy i plew Pneumonologia i alergologia polska: organ Polskiego Towarzystwa Ftyzjopneumonologicznego, Polskiego Towarzystwa Alergologicznego, i Instytutu Gruzlicy i Chorob Pluc 04/2015; 83(1-2):n.def.. DOI: 10.5603/PiAP.2015.00xx
9.Chirumbolo S Possible role of vitamin D3 on the adipocytes/fibroblast transdifferentiation mediated by pancreas cancer Curr Health Sci J 2015; 41(1):5-10
10.Chirumbolo S. Flavonoids in coronary heart disease. Thromb Res. 2015 May;135(5):1040-1.
11.Chirumbolo S. Anti-inflammatory property of propolis. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2015 Mar;56(2):163-4.
12.Chirumbolo S. Basophil Activation Tests Based on CD193 Marker in Dipyrone Allergy. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2015 Jul;7(4):414-5.
13. Chirumbolo S. Resveratrol in spermatogenesis. Cell Biol Int. 2015 Feb 11. in press
14.Chirumbolo S. Reply to Claude Lambert. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014;10(12):3724-5.
15.Chirumbolo S. Genistein as a nature-derived PPAR agonist in adipogenesis and weight gain. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Apr;54(3):489-91.
16. Chirumbolo S On Gelsemium and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in anxiety and experimental neurology Neurol Ther 2014, in press DOI 10.1007/s40120-014-0025-6
17. Chirumbolo S Letters to the Editor-by Amedee RG-Homeopathy Against Fulminant Hepatic Failure Caused by Fungal Poisoning from the Genus Amanita: Critical Comments The Ochsner J 2014; 14(4):518-519
1. Chirumbolo S (2015) Chapter 1. Placebo effect in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) and Homeopathy in Placebo Effects: Clinical Aspects, Methodological Approaches and Ethical Implications, Nova Ed, Hauppage,New York, USA
2. Chirumbolo S (2014) Chapter 13 Inflammation pathways in Hormesis in Health and Diseases Suresh Rattan, eric Le Bourg, eds, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton FL, USA, p 243
3. Chirumbolo S (2012) Chapter 4. Which Flavonoids are Responsible for Antiinflammatory and Anti-allergic Activities of Propolis? in Beneficial Effects of Propolis on Human Health and Chronic Diseases. Volume 1 Farooqui T and Farooqui AA Eds, Nova Publisher, Hauppage, NY, USA
4. Chirumbolo S (2012) Chapter 1 Flavonoids: Recent Insights on their Biological Action In Handbook on Flavonoids: Dietary Sources, Properties and Health Benefits (Biochemistry Research Trends),Kazuya Yamane and Yuudai Kato Eds, Nova Publisher, Hauppage, NY, USA.